Re: [INTERFACES] Seperating interfaces from backend code

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Adam Haberlach <haberlaa(at)ricochet(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Seperating interfaces from backend code
Date: 1998-12-16 20:58:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Adam Haberlach wrote:

> I have a (so-far) working port of libpq and libpq++ for
> BeOS, which only works with sockets over the network (since a
> server port is a long wasy off this isn't a problem.)
> Is it possible to distribute client/interface code
> seperate from the main distribution?

The Java JDBC driver is implemented with it's own Makefile, mainly because
it doesn't refer to the rest of the source.

As for distributing the interfaces, I keep a pre-compiled binary on my
website, so there isn't a problem. This is made even easier as the driver
is platform independent.

I'm not sure, but (out of interest) has anyone ported Java to BeOS yet?

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk