ecpg cursors and scope

From: Dave Broudy <shaggy(at)broudy(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ecpg cursors and scope
Date: 1999-04-21 01:46:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have two senarios about scoping and ecpg's parsing of cursor
declarations:

A) In seperate functions:

func1() {
exec sql declare test_cur for ...
}
func2() {
exec sql declare test_cur for ... /* same or different sql */
}

B) In an if:

if(...) {
exec sql declare test_cur for ...
} else {
exec sql declare test_cur for ... /* same or different sql */
}

These both yield "cursor test_cur already defined"

Is this by design? I seem to remember it working under 6.3.2, and this is
under 6.4.2

If I knew lex/yacc, I'd make an effort at a patch, alas my compilers class
of a few years ago made us parse the old fashioned way :) Does anyone know
of a work-around?

Thanks,

Dave Broudy dave(at)broudy(dot)net