Re: pg_dumplo, thanks :) (fwd)

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dumplo, thanks :) (fwd)
Date: 2000-04-06 13:49:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > this is not first letter about pg_dumplo which I head. What add pg_dumplo
> > to contrib or main tree?
>
> I probably haven't been paying attention. Have we heard about
> pg_dumplo? Have you posted it so we can see it?

Yes. I send information about it twice (or more) to some PG lists....
(Users which use it know it from PG lists only. I nowhere annonced it.)

> There is no fundamental problem including a utility like this in the
> main tree or the contrib/ area, but tell us more about it and show us
> the code! :)

Well, pg_dumplo is in attache. It is really simple program and now is not
prepared for dirtribution (it needs a little changes). I can change and work
on this, but I need motivation :-)

And Peter, I know and I agree that standard PG tree is not good space for
all interfaces and for all tools based on PG, but LO is PG feature and we
haven't backup tool for LO.

Karel

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dumplo-0.0.4.tar.gz application/x-gzip 3.6 KB