Re: PGDN content information proposal

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: Gevik Babakhani <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGDN content information proposal
Date: 2005-06-30 11:32:09
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> How does this scheme deal with multiple versions?
> Say I (not trustworthy, remember!) cerate a document. Then Dave approves
> it for publishing. Then I edit it. At this ponit, the old version should
> be visible on the site. Then Dave approves the new version, at which
> point the old one should go away (or be kept in version history,
> probably) and the new one should be published.

That's why I suggest external pub_id, which is persistent and publicly
available id, and msg_id - another one for versionning. Then we need
mapping between pub_id and msg_id. In our CMS we have versions and revisions,
but I don't think it's needed here.

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83