Re: Web mirrors

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Web mirrors
Date: 2004-12-23 19:51:11
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Devrim noticed a problem earlier today with our web mirrors. The new
>> site requires the Apache mod_rewrite module to be active on the server,
>> and for the server to be configured to honour a .htaccess setting
>> enabling MultiViews). If this is not configured, then some pages will
>> give 404's on the mirrors.
>
> Is there a way of adding a test to the mirrors generating script to make sure
> that the mirror *is* configured correctly? Should just be a matter of
> modifying your current check so that if not configured right, it fails, no?

may be before any sanction better explain how to properly configure
mirror ? I just tried to find out any instruction on new server but
stuck with links to wwwmaster.postgresql.org, Why there are many links
from www.postgresql.org to wwwmaster ? For example,
on download page ftp mirror selecttion linked to
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp.

Also, I couldn't figure out where I could download Windows binary.

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83