Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!
Date: 2004-12-15 05:06:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Oleg,
>
>> I think
>> http://www.linuxshare.ru/docs/software/SQL/postgresql/
>> is better than
>> http://www.linuxshare.ru/docs/software/SQL/postgresql/index.html
>
> Noted.
>
>> I see no other russian speaking countries from FSU, so I suggest to change
>> Russia to 'Russian & Russian-Speaking FSU' and add my contact, because I
>> have my doubts in Nick's reachability.
>
> Actually, Nick has been quite active, and translated the releases. So if you
> want to switch contacts, please talk it out with him.

Nothing private, Nick.
I meant that remote call cost is rather big obstacle in Russia and FSU.
I have much better connectivity in this sense.

I meant, Russian and FSU countries are big enough to be presented by
several persons. I still don't understand a policy of advocacy group,
Josh. The group should help people promote postgresql and what's the order
to list only one contact person per country excluding US ? What's wrong if
there are people (not casual for the project) proposed their help and
contact address ? I've asked you help to promote my company which is
the only russian company contributed to PostgreSQL project
( GiST improvement, contributed modules, www.pgsql.ru) and I didn't get any
clear answer. I don't see what's wrong in my intention. Or I just
suscribed to wrong group.

> Thanks!
>
> --Josh

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83