Re: [OpenFTS-general] relor and relkov

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Uros Gruber <uros(dot)gruber(at)sir-mag(dot)com>
Cc: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress(at)yahoo(dot)com>, openfts discussion <openfts-general(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [OpenFTS-general] relor and relkov
Date: 2003-01-31 09:40:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi there,

we've discussed with Teodor about adding ranking feature to tsearch and
seems we've found a way to do that. New version of tsearch will have
ranking supports, friendly configurability, linguistic options
and removing some internal limits. Expect alpha-version in 1-2 weeks.
But, we need help to create good documentation for tsearch !
This is main stopper for releasing of tsearch.

Oleg
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Uros Gruber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> about this problem i was talking about. With openFTS you're
> forced to use those two fields. If you wan't to use other
> columns you can, becase of those 2 functions.
>
> I make someking workaround and concatenate all columns and
> index this. But then you can't change weight for each column.
>
> Because of this i think that we have to work more on this
> tsearch and ranking and make this more close to postgresql.

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83