Re: Database connection problem through JDBC driver

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: debashis dutta <deb_dutta(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database connection problem through JDBC driver
Date: 2004-05-05 18:56:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 1 May 2004, debashis dutta wrote:

> Hello
> in our web site developement project we r using the
> followings as development environment
>
> 1. JDK 1.3.1_02
> 4. Postgresql 7.4 & pg74.213.jdbc3.jar as JDBC driver

You have selected a mismatched jvm and jar file. JDBC 3 requires the 1.4
jvm, for the 1.3 jvm you should use the jdbc 2 jar file.

For your issue with the jdbc 3 driver not working correctly with the 1.4
jvm you have not provided enough information to receive help. What is the
expected behavior and what are you seeing? What does the iterate tag do,
and how does that relate to an actual jdbc call?

Kris Jurka