Re: When replication?

From: Francisco Reyes <fran(at)reyes(dot)somos(dot)net>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: When replication?
Date: 2001-01-25 03:33:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

> We try for a 4month cycle, but, at times, the beta itself is taking a few
> months ... v7.1 was schedualed for Jan 1st of this year, but, beta has
> fleshed out some pretty big bugs, so its been taking a little longer

So why not try for 6 month releases instead?
I would guess that most people want to get the DB when it is stable and
tested.

> beta4 is sschedualed for Friday, and Bruce has something like 50
> 'open items'

Does PostgreSQL compiles directly from sources on FreeBSD?
Is there an easy way to try Betas? At work I have several machines that I
could use to install/try out Beta and help out with the testing.
At work and production boxes I am going to stick to whatever there is a
port for FreeBSD.