Re: HTML email

From: <ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca>
To: Derrick Betts <Derrick(at)grifflink(dot)com>
Cc: aspire420(at)hotpop(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HTML email
Date: 2004-02-21 00:42:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Derrick Betts wrote:

> When I place the HTML tags in the body of the email, I just get the tags
> showing as text. Is this what you meant? I currently use a function to
> create the concatenate the HTML and variables together, and then I pass that
> string as the body of the email, but it is delivered as text.
>
> Is there anything I should do that I am missing?

Read the standards as to what HTTP and HTML do? For me (and
emacs) HTTP/HTML can be strict. If what you generate for an
attachment is strict HTML, it should display in any browser. Or,
any browser which understands (or has HTML processing turned on).

> > >from the database? Actually I currently use pgMail, but I cannot get it
> > > to send HTML formatted email.

For me, there is NO html formatted email. If you send HTML only,
it is spam. Include a text only version of what you send as the
main body.

Gord
--
Matter Realisations http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng.. President