Postgresql installation-initdb failed

From: AJIT K KADARI <akada005(at)odu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql installation-initdb failed
Date: 2004-12-06 06:12:34
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

Can anybody with good knowledge on Postgresql installation on Windows XP
using Cygwin, please help me. I have installed cygwin, run

cygserver-config

both cygserver and postmaster are running as per the messages below. And no
changes have been made to postgresql.conf or any configuration files, and i
am including the version of postgresql below.

Thanks in advance,
ajit