Choosing a system

From: mengel(at)notes(dot)cc(dot)sunysb(dot)edu
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Choosing a system
Date: 2004-05-20 16:19:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

We are currently running postgresql on a Solaris system. We will be
migrating the database to its own system within a few months. I have the
choice of using X86 or Redhat Linix, Solaris is not an option for the new
system. I'm curious of any preferences, bad experiences, incidents, etc
that would cause me to select one OS over another.

Thanks,
Matthew Engel
Senior Programmer
mengel(at)notes(dot)cc(dot)sunysb(dot)edu