Accessing Postgresl from PB 6.0

From: "GSSC Mail" <mailbox(at)globalscience(dot)com(dot)ph>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Accessing Postgresl from PB 6.0
Date: 2002-09-12 12:44:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Please give us your feedback.

1) We are using Power Builder 6.0 to access 200,000 records from
Postrgresql 7.2.1 database in a Red Hat 7.3 Linux and the access time is
rather slow compared with accesses we made in an Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL
Server and Access databases.
2) One of our machines with Power Builder hangs while accessing
Postegresql with many records. But we noticed that when the records are less
than 5,000 the machine can again retrieve records from Postgresql. How come?

Jun G.