FW: small problem with RA to PSQL.

From: "Geoff" <geoff(at)metalogicplc(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: small problem with RA to PSQL.
Date: 2002-07-09 11:04:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi, I've just installed Postgres 7.2 ( I thought .1 but not according to the
PG_VERSION file :o( ) into my user area on a linux node ( Running Debian ).
Everything is fine, the database is accessable via the cmd line.The database
user is "geoff" as is my linux user in this case...
The database is running on port 8061.

geoff(at)mail:~/site_root/psql/data$ psql template1
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit

template1=#

ok, now my trouble is I just can't seem to access it through pgAdminII on my
windows client...

I've read the docs and archives and found this to be a common gotcha so I've
read them carefully I think and made the following changes as directed..

in pg_hba.conf I've added this line:

"host all 194.201.29.0 255.255.255.0 trust " since my ip
addess internally is 194.201.29.175 but I need another windows client to
access the database too on a different IP addess.

In postgresql.conf I've uncommented the following lines :

tcpip_socket=1
port = 8061

here's the error I still get though :

An error has occured in PGAdminII:frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click:

Number: -2147217843
geoff, database template1

Is there anything else that I need to do to get me up and running...

TIA

Geoff