RE: [HACKERS] Small update for WinNT port

From: Horák Daniel <horak(at)sit(dot)plzen-city(dot)cz>
To: "'Peter Eisentraut'" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Small update for WinNT port
Date: 2000-02-10 09:19:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > changes to psql:
> > - added less as default pager when compiling on Cygwin
>
> Is there no "more"?

There is a native version of more in WinNT (like in DOS) but it is not
compatible with Cygwin and less is distributed as a part of Cygwin.

> > - need to declare "filename_completion_function" because it
> is not exported
> > from readline -> added to include/port/win.h
>
> I would think this is more of a readline problem, or does
> cygwin come with
> its only readline edition? What readline version are you using?

Yes, it is a problem of readline. I am not able to get the version number
because it is not defined in the readline headers, but from the copyright
notice it is very old (last year is 1992).

Dan