Re: Why would Postgres not show in my data connections (Win 7)

From: "Della-Croce, Gregory" <Greg_Della-Croce(at)wycliffe(dot)org>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why would Postgres not show in my data connections (Win 7)
Date: 2012-06-05 20:36:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Thanks all that got me to the right place to set up the connection! Great advice. I thought I had done it earlier but now it gives me the system DSN values I need to set up the connection for my stuff.

Greg Della-Croce

On 06/05/2012 12:41 PM, Della-Croce, Gregory wrote:
> Thanks for responding! It is none of the lists: User, System, File DSN or Drivers. In fact the System DSN is blank. And My Data Sources is also blank in File DSN. The only drivers that show are MS Access/dBASE, MS Access, MS ACCESS Text, MS EXCEL, and SQL Server.
> Yes I am signed in as Admin when I did the psqlodbc install and I have opened the ODBC Data Source as Admin also.
>
> These are good questions. I wish they sparked an answer :)

In that case Rays answer is the one you should pursue. For more info see:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#Where_is_the_PostgreSQL_ODBC_driver.3F_I.27m_running_32-bit_PostgreSQL_on_64-bit_Windows

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com