Re: [INTERFACES] Access 2000

From: Moray McConnachie <Moray(dot)McConnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)solipsys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Access 2000
Date: 1999-08-23 16:28:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:16:38 -0400 Byron Nikolaidis
<byronn(at)solipsys(dot)com> wrote:

> Michael Doyle wrote:
>
> > I need help with Access 2000 and PostgreSQL...
> >
> > I have several databases running on my server (It's a FreeBSD server
> > running Postgress 6.4) and Access 95 had no trouble acting as a
> > front end to these databases
> >
> > However, I cannot create new Access 2000 databases to see either new
> > or old databases on the server.
> >
> > Curiously, upgrading the Access 95 databases to Access 2000 lets them
> > continue to see the linked tables.
> >
> > Something strange is going on with Access 2000 and ODBC interfaces.
> > Any ideas on how to resolve this ?
> >

> Do you see any error messages, either on screen or in any of the logfiles?

Michael's problem is basically the same as I posted a few
weeks back, and others have contacted me about it since. It
appears to leave no error messages, but frankly I've given
up and have no longer been looking.

Some have said that all 3rd party ODBC drivers have had to
be rewritten to co-operate with Access 2000's
implementatation of ODBC, which is hardly brilliant!

I put in a bug report to Microsoft, but so far no response.

Moray(dot)McConnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk