Re: New driver options in 7.01.0007

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New driver options in 7.01.0007
Date: 2001-09-22 00:24:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Maybe yes at least for static cursors
and it may be a true option in the future.
However I'm not sure if I should do it.
I'm disappointed with some 7.2 changes
which lost the premises of my plan and
it's possible for me to lose my all premises
in the future.

> I tried it. Didn't make any difference.
> But I don't know whether my application
> uses driver cursors.

DRIVER_CURSOR_IMPLEMENT enables
the use of SQLSetPos with SQL_UPDATE,
SQL_DELETE and SQL_ADD options for
static cursors. It's hard to tell where it is used
in your tools.

> And what is the meaning of the option 'common'?
> (except of disabling other options)

Hmm I'm not good at English. I'm happy to
change it if you give an appropriate option name.

Most driver options could be set per each DSN now.
'Common' is the default setting of them.
If you add a new DSN you would see the content
of the default setting at first.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue