Re: Missing "New Node"

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing "New Node"
Date: 2005-06-09 12:04:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OK.

> > Sounds reasonable - something definitely ain't right though. For
> > example, using the databases created by Slony's
> test_1_pgbench test, if
> > I browse the slony_test1 database (the origin), and go to
> > Replication/T1/Replication Sets/Set 1 - pgbench tables, I can
> > right-click and select New Object->Add [Table|Sequence].
> However, if I
> > right-click the child sequences or Tables collection nodes,
> I only get
> > the Refresh option. Istm that I should get Add Sequence/Add Table on
> > those.
>
> Agreed.

You gonna fix that? I've still not completely got my head round that
code.

> > The same applies to the Subscriptions node on the
> slony_test2 database -
> > there is no Add Subscription option. There is one on the
> Set node (as
> > there is for Tables/Sequences on the origin), however this throws an
> > exception when selected.
>
> This can't possibly be a bug, no? ;-)

Err, yes. See previous comment :-)

> Bug, fixed in svn. All registered servers should appear.

OK, thanks.

> It might be necessary to add the admin node for your machine,
> as well as
> paths to the nodes.

How do I add an admin node? If I try to join the cluster (as opposed to
just adding a node), I now see the servers etc, but obviously no admin
node. When I click OK, I get an exception and it all falls over.

I'm still not entirely sure why the admin node is required - why can't
we just get the info from the connected database?

(Oh, I should probably point out that I'm running Slony 1.1 as that is
of course the only version that will run on my laptop).

Regards, Dave.