Re: New ftp layout

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Devrim GUNDUZ" <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: New ftp layout
Date: 2004-12-03 13:47:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Didn't we just have a discussion about how virtually every release of pg
is structured differently under the binaries directory?

:-)

> http://developer.pgadmin.org/ftp2/release/v1.2.0/
>
> This seems so untidy to me...

Seems OK to me. I think having an OS/Version structure could prove less
friendly - for example, for the last release, I used slackware 9, for
this one, slackware 9.1 and probably for the next slackware 10, or even
higher. This would have left a structure like:

v1.0.0
slackware
9.0
v1.0.1
slackware
9.0
v1.0.2
slackware
9.0
v1.2.0
slackware
9.1
v1.X.0
slackware
10.0

Similar situations exist for other OS's. That just seems over the top to
me.

Does anyone else share Devrim's concern?

Regards, Dave