Re: New snapshot 08.00.0001 uploaded

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New snapshot 08.00.0001 uploaded
Date: 2004-10-04 14:14:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc

It's supposed to have moved to Gborg, however many bugs seem to end up
on the list. Unfortunately I just don't have time to track them these
days, let alone fix most of them. My time is taken up with
Win32/pginstaller, pgAdmin and web/infrastructure stuff.

> I occasionally get the feeling from some posts that the
> current driver is worse than the last released one (07.03.
> something). What are our release criteria?

Yes it is, however the old stable one doesn't work well with oid-less
tables. I believe the main reason for this is that the experimental
updateable cursor support got enabled by default at some point, and
started causing problems. Whilst it would be nice to see that fixed, my
concern at the moment is getting a stable release to go out with
pginstaller, hence I've made it non-default, and labelled it
experimental. That code is the last project Hiroshi was working on
before he left for pastures new, which probably accounts for the
stability issues (because it's so new not because he was working on it
if you catch my drift).

We also use the Unicode version exclusively now, which it seems has not
had huge amounts of testing despite being distributed as a beta for
quite some time.

Regards Dave.