Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Jochem van Dieten" <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL Win32 port list" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available
Date: 2004-08-10 07:21:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-www

OK, I can do that.

> Also, we have no "uninstall" option on the START menu. Is
> this intentional? I used the control panel to uninstall the
> previous version.

I'm a neat freak when it comes to menus so tend not to add uninstall
options to the Start menu that simply replicate what's in Add/Remove
Programs (which I think is where it should be anyway). You can also
right-click the msi file and select uninstall incidently, and there is a
todo item to allow add/remove components, uninstall and repair options
if you run the installer a second time.

Regards, Dave.