Re: Query grid

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query grid
Date: 2006-04-03 15:32:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Yeah, well hold fire on that - I just found what broke it, and now get
(second of 2 runs in each version, from the same server):

1.5.0:

-- Executing query:
select * from pbx_log limit 10000

Total query runtime: 8187 ms.
Data retrieval runtime: 1062 ms.
10000 rows retrieved.

1.4.1:

-- Executing query:
select * from pbx_log limit 10000

Total query runtime: 8187 ms.
Data retrieval runtime: 9125 ms.
10000 rows retrieved.

I was killing that query after a few minutes in 1.5.0 until I found the
bug (introduced here:
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=5068&view=rev).

I'll find a netter way of solving that issue and commit the appropriate
fixes.

Now I don't think you can deny that with or without a virtual table,
that definitely works better than the listview does - and that was
tested on Mac and *nix. If you can improve it further then feel free,
but please do not break the new copy 'n' paste capabilities.

Regards, Dave