Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test / text fields
Date: 2006-03-27 12:50:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Miguel's problem is somewhat unique to BDE from what I recall -
specifically it ignores Unicode text columns which the Unicode driver
will offer by default. The same problem has been reported with Oracle
and other DBMS's on usenet.

> PostgreSQL 8.0X on Debian Sarge
> Unicode Database
> Application with psqlodbc+ 7.02.02.60 on Win XP Sp2
>
> Operation: Reading and writing of a, A, u, U, o, O-Umlaut and
> sz (german
> characters)
> Data type: text
> Remarks: none
> Protocol: 7.4+
> Result: failed, insert works, querying doesn't work

OK, that sounds like the old bug we were seeing. What is the difference
between those and the previous results you reported a few minutes ago?
Is it just the text/varchar difference?

Regards, Dave.