Re: serious trouble with bool and Access

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Markus Wagner'" <wagner(at)imsd(dot)uni-mainz(dot)de>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: serious trouble with bool and Access
Date: 2002-02-19 14:13:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,
Bools are 16 bit integers in MS Access. To get around this
problem I just defined int2 in the fields where I wanted bools and
this seems to be working fine. I always check field<>false as, in MS
Access, false=0 and true=-1, but of course int2s can have other
values. To help MS Access with its versioning try turning row
versioning on.
Hope this helps,
- Stuart