Re: Adding support for Default partition in partitioning

From: Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Date: 2017-08-17 09:59:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Jeevan Ladhe
> <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > I have rebased the patches on the latest commit.
>
> This needs another rebase.

I have rebased the patch and addressed your and Ashutosh comments on last
set of patches.

The current set of patches contains 6 patches as below:

0001:
Refactoring existing ATExecAttachPartition code so that it can be used for
default partitioning as well

0002:
This patch teaches the partitioning code to handle the NIL returned by
get_qual_for_list().
This is needed because a default partition will not have any constraints in
case
it is the only partition of its parent.

0003:
Support for default partition with the restriction of preventing addition
of any
new partition after default partition. This is a merge of 0003 and 0004 in
V24 series.

0004:
Extend default partitioning support to allow addition of new partitions
after
default partition is created/attached. This patch is a merge of patches
0005 and 0006 in V24 series to simplify the review process. The
commit message has more details regarding what all is included.

0005:
This patch introduces code to check if the scanning of default partition
child
can be skipped if it's constraints are proven.

0006:
Documentation.

PFA, and let me know in case of any comments.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe

Attachment Content-Type Size
default_partition_V25.tar application/x-tar 120.0 KB