Re: BUG #14150: Attempted to delete invisible tuple

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Tripp <peter(at)chartio(dot)com>, Virendra Negi <virendra(at)idyllic-software(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14150: Attempted to delete invisible tuple
Date: 2016-06-28 23:40:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Michael Paquier
> Could you post it? I'd be interested in seeing that.

Attached is a reasonably minimal testcase, showing many "attempted to
delete invisible tuple" errors for me quickly and reliably. The
shellscript expects to be able to invoke pgbench without any custom
arguments, and runs the attach custom pgbench script in an infinite
loop. On my laptop, there is a roughly 90% chance that the script's 5
second pgbench runs will raise the error at least once.

If this doesn't work for you immediately, consider turning fsync off
first. That is something that I've noticed can speed up reproducing
issues like this. Although, I suspect you won't need to do that. I'm
using my standard development postgresql.conf, and so autovacuum was
disabled.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment Content-Type Size
toast-upsert-bug.script.pgbench application/octet-stream 6.7 KB
toast-upsert-bug.sh application/x-sh 248 bytes