Re: More work on SortSupport for text - strcoll() and strxfrm() caching

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More work on SortSupport for text - strcoll() and strxfrm() caching
Date: 2015-10-12 07:47:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:
> I noticed that there is still one comment that I really should have
> removed as part of this work.

I also noticed that I failed to reset the last_returned strcoll()
cache variable as part of an abbreviation call, despite the fact that
tapesort may freely interleave conversions with comparisons, while
reusing buf1 and buf2 both as scratch space for strxfrm() blobs, as
well as for storing strings to be compared with strcoll(). I suggest
that the attached patch also be applied to fix this issue.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment Content-Type Size
reset_last_returned.patch text/x-patch 575 bytes