Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>
Cc: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Prabakaran, Vaishnavi" <vaishnavip(at)fast(dot)au(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
Date: 2015-01-28 06:46:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com> wrote:
> On 1/27/15 1:04 AM, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
>>
>> Here I attached the latest version of the patch.
>> I will add this patch to the next commitfest.
>

> Apologies if this was covered, but why isn't the IP address an inet instead
> of text?

Corrected the address type as inet instead of text. updated patch is attached.

> Also, what happens if someone reloads the config in the middle of running
> the SRF?

hba entries are reloaded only in postmaster process, not in every backend.
So there shouldn't be any problem with config file reload. Am i
missing something?

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
Catalog_view_to_HBA_settings_patch_V4.patch application/octet-stream 18.0 KB