Re: proposal psql \gdesc

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal psql \gdesc
Date: 2017-05-20 21:31:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hello Pavel,
>
> - Maybe tests could also exercise unnamed columns, eg:
>>> SELECT 1, 2, 3 \gdesc \g
>>>

>> done
>>

> Can't see it. No big deal, but if you put it it did not get through, and
> there is a warning with git apply on the very last line of the patch which
> may be linked to that:
>
> psql-gdesc-05.patch:328: new blank line at EOF.
> +
> warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.

looks like pg_regress issue - more result files has extra blank line on
end. I am able to clean it only with \r on end of sql script - not sure
what is more worst - unrelated \command or this warning

> ... especially as the two last tests are nearly the same now. I'm fine
> with a "one line" test, could be with some unnamed columns so that it is
> more different?

ok - look on new version, please

> --
> Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-gdesc-06.patch text/x-patch 10.0 KB