what is the usual approach to maintaining development, production and test environments?

From: Lille Penguini <lille(dot)penguini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: what is the usual approach to maintaining development, production and test environments?
Date: 2011-08-15 11:19:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'm developing a web application and would like to apply changes to schema
structure from one environment -- call it 'development' -- easily to others
-- 'test' and 'production'. What are the key terms/resources I could consult
that would guide me to synchronizing structure like this in PostgreSQL?

Thanks,

Lille