Re: remove ancient pre-dlopen dynloader code

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: remove ancient pre-dlopen dynloader code
Date: 2018-09-06 14:49:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:16 AM Peter Eisentraut
<peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm going to use this thread for a moment to work out some details with
> the cfbot.
>
> The v2 patch I sent previously was created using git format-patch with
> default settings. This detected a rename:
>
> rename src/{backend/port/dynloader/win32.c => port/dlopen.c} (51%)
>
> which is fair enough. However, whatever method the cfbot uses to apply
> patches fails to handle that.

Interesting. Its version of "patch" doesn't understand that. I am
not sure if other versions of patch do. Currently cfbot doesn't use
git am because not everyone is posting patches created with
format-patch, and I thought good old patch could handle basically
anything. I wasn't aware of this quirk. I'll see if there is some
way I can convince patch to respect renames, or I should try to apply
with git first and then fall back to patch only if that fails.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com