Re: [sepgsql 2/3] Add db_schema:search permission checks

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [sepgsql 2/3] Add db_schema:search permission checks
Date: 2013-01-29 14:39:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2013/1/29 Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>:
> On 29 January 2013 13:30, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
>
>> It makes unavailable to control execution of
>> functions from viewpoint of selinux, and here is no way selinux
>> to prevent to execute functions defined by other domains, or
>> others being not permitted.
>> Also, what we want to do is almost same as existing permission
>> checks, except for its criteria to make access control decision.
>
> Do you have a roadmap of all the things this relates to?
>
> If selinux has a viewpoint, I'd like to be able to see a list of
> capabilities and then which ones are currently missing. I guess I'm
> looking for external assurance that someone somewhere needs this and
> that it fits into a complete overall plan of what we should do. Just
> like we are able to use SQLStandard as a guide as to what we need to
> implement, we would like something to refer back to. Does this have a
> request id, specification document page number or whatever?

I previously made several wiki pages for reference of permissions
to be checked, but it needs maintenance works towards the latest
state, such as newly added permissions.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL_References

Even though selinuxproject.org hosts permission list, it is more
rough than what I described at wiki.postgresql.org.
http://www.selinuxproject.org/page/ObjectClassesPerms#Database_Object_Classes

Unlike SQL standard, we have less resource to document its spec
being validated by third persons. However, it is a reasonable solution
to write up which permission shall be checked on which timing.

Let me revise the above wikipage to show my overall plan.

Thanks,