Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA

From: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA
Date: 2014-11-17 14:07:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 3:41 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
> <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
>> wrote:

>>> Please don't use pg_catalog in the regression test. That way we will
>>> need to update the expected file whenever a new catalog is added, which
>>> seems pointless. Maybe create a schema with a couple of tables
>>> specifically for this, instead.
>>>

>> Attached new regression test.
>
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
> 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> src/bin/scripts/t/090_reindexdb.pl.rej
>
> I tried to apply the 001 patch after applying the 000, but it was not
> applied cleanly.
>
> At least to me, it's more intuitive to use "SCHEMA" instead of "ALL IN SCHEMA"
> here because we already use "DATABASE" instead of "ALL IN DATABASE".

Thank you for reporting.

Um, that's one way of looking at it
I think It's not quite new syntax, and we have not used "ALL IN"
clause in REINDEX command by now.
If we add SQL command to reindex table of all in table space as newly syntax,
we might be able to name it "REINDEX TABLE ALL IN TABLESPACE".

Anyway, I created patch of "REINDEX SCHEMA" version, and attached.
Also inapplicable problem has been solved.

Regards,

-------
Sawada Masahiko

Attachment Content-Type Size
001_Add_schema_option_to_reindexdb_v4.patch application/octet-stream 6.8 KB
000_reindex_schema_v5.patch application/octet-stream 9.8 KB