Re: [REVIEW] In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [REVIEW] In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2016-02-28 14:06:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Michael Paquier
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Date of first message of this thread: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 15:40:41 +0900
>> Date of this message: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 16:30:08 -0300
>> This has been a long trip. Thanks a lot to all involved. Many people
>> have reviewed and helped out with this patch.
>
> I just had a closer look at what has been committed, and I found a
> couple of minor issues, addressed via the patch attached:
> 1) install-windows.sgml should use the markup command when mentioning
> bincheck and recoverycheck
> 2) src/test/recovery/.gitignore is listing /regress_log/ but that's
> not needed (this is a remnant of a previous version of the patch
> posted on this thread).
> 3) Header of 002_archiving.pl mentions that the tests are running on a
> warm standby, but that's a hot standby (found by Craig and reported on
> github on my account)
> 4) src/test/recovery/Makefile is missing a clean target, to remove tmp_check/.
> 5) src/tools/msvc/clean.bat is missing the same cleanup command for
> the same thing after running the tests.
> 6) Header of 004_timeline_switch.pl should perhaps mention that a
> cascading standby is used (idea of Craig, a good addition IMO)

7) src/test/README is not describing recovery/
8) This description in src/test/recovery/README is not exact, it
mentions a set of routines that are now part of PostgresNode.pm:
+This directory contains a test suite for recovery and replication,
+testing mainly the interactions of recovery.conf with cluster
+instances by providing a simple set of routines that can be used
+to define a custom cluster for a test, including backup, archiving,
+and streaming configuration.
I would suggest removing the last 4 lines and simplify the paragraph.
9) I have no logical explanation to explain why I am seeing all those
things now.
v2 is attached.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
test-recovery-fixes-v2.patch binary/octet-stream 3.7 KB