Re: [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables in VACUUM commands

From: "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn(at)amazon(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables in VACUUM commands
Date: 2017-05-12 00:47:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi again,

Attached is a more complete first attempt at adding this functionality. I added two node types: one for parsing the “relation and columns” list in the grammar, and one for holding the relation information we need for each call to vacuum_rel(…)/analyze_rel(…). I also added assertions and comments for some undocumented assumptions that we currently rely upon.

Adjustments to the documentation for VACUUM/ANALYZE and new checks in the VACUUM regression test are included in this patch as well.

Looking forward to any feedback that you have.

Nathan

Attachment Content-Type Size
vacuum_multiple_tables_v2.patch application/octet-stream 29.0 KB