Re: On-line backup - /bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

From: "Mr(dot) Dan" <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: marco(dot)bizzarri(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: On-line backup - /bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Date: 2006-08-03 13:13:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Marco/all,

Thanks for the response. I've been running the same online-backup commands
for over a year and restores have always worked fine. I've never seen 'file
changed as we read it' though, before yesterday. The database is new to
the server, as of a week. So, I'm more inclined to think it's somehting
going on with the database instead of the command to do the backup. BTW, I
received the same message this morning. So, 2 days in a row (no pun
intended) on the same database and the same second number following the
databe number.
/bin/tar: /sqldata/Linux.pgsql/base/19473856/19524666: file changed as we
read it

psql -d DBN -c "SELECT pg_start_backup('somehting.backup');"
tar -zcvf /something.tar.gz /PGDATA/dir/*
psql -d DBN -c "SELECT pg_stop_backup();"

Thanks,
~DjK