Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade

From: Oliver Kohll <oliver(at)gtwm(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade
Date: 2008-05-31 12:19:33
Lists: pgsql-general

If upgrading MediaWiki to a version that supports postgres 8.3,
another option could be to export from the old db as XML (using the
Special:Export page) then import once the new wiki's installed with a
blank database - that's what I'm going to try, I've had problems
upgrading MediaWiki databases in the past, possibly due to customised
installations. This should hopefully render any database issues
irrelevant.

You need to know the names of the pages to export, but could get those
with a simple query direct to the database like

SELECT pagetitlecolumn FROM tablewherepagetitlesarestored;

- see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Database_layout

Regards
Oliver