Re: [ODBC] Windows CE

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Paul Jarosz'" <paul_jarosz(at)moduletech(dot)com>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Windows CE
Date: 2001-10-31 08:08:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm sure it's possible, though M$ designed CE to work the way I described
afaict, so I imagine it would take a great deal of work.

You would obviously need an app to listen on the IR port on the PC (btw. IR
ports on Win98 work totally differently from those in 2K/XP - as I recall,
in 98/ME they emulate serial ports, whereas in 2K/XP they are network
devices) and translate between the ODBC driver and CE device. I doubt you'll
be able to tie it in with ADOCE, so you'll need to build suitable
recordset/connection classes on CE, and you'll obviously need to design a
communications protocol...

Like I said, a *lot* of work. If you do it though, it'd be great if you
would make it open source - I would probably find a good use for such code
for one.

Good luck,

Regards, Dave.