How do i extract a certain bit from a bigint column

From: Mats Sjöberg <mats(dot)sjoberg(at)cybernetics(dot)se>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How do i extract a certain bit from a bigint column
Date: 2004-05-12 11:05:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello everyone

In a table i have a column status of type bigint.

I need to create a view of the table including all rows with bit 4 set (value 8).

At the same time i need to exclude excludig all rows with bit 2 set.

What is the syntax to extract those bits?

I have tested get_bit(string, offset) but this requires a string, and not a bigint.

Is there a function to

Best regards, Mats

Attachment Content-Type Size
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Mats_Sj=F6berg=2Evcf?= text/x-vcard 376 bytes