Re: Removing WITH clause support in CREATE FUNCTION, for isCachable and isStrict

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Removing WITH clause support in CREATE FUNCTION, for isCachable and isStrict
Date: 2018-01-26 17:30:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 06:30:04PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> In short, I'm on board with removing the WITH clause. I've not
>> reviewed the patch in detail, but will do so and push it if there's
>> not objections pretty soon.

> Glad to hear that, thanks!

And done. I failed to resist the temptation to rename
compute_attributes_sql_style, since the "sql_style" bit no longer
conveys anything. I'd always found compute_attributes_with_style
to be confusingly named --- seemed like it should have a sibling
compute_attributes_gracelessly, or something like that.