Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...

From: darrenk(at)insightdist(dot)com (Darren King)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...
Date: 1998-03-04 17:12:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > You joined much much too late though...this has been going on
> > > since, oh, day one :) And, most ppl involved in the rant know me and my
> > > opinions (they aren't necessarily the same as what I use as my bait, of
> > > course, but ya gotta admit, Linux'ers are just soooooooo easy to bait
> > > *grin*)
> >
> > Well if Linux'ers _and_ BSD'ers ran a real os, maybe this thread would die.
> >
> > There, _that's_ bait. :)
>
> Ooooh, them's fight'en words.

The main point was to take the LINUX vx BSD thread private or introduce _some_
sort of OPC (Obligatory Postgres Content) into it at least.

OPC...Just have to love how postgres does things thru the .bki scripts that you
can't duplicate thru psql, such as creating a function with 9 args. Found this
when doing scripts to re-do the geometric stuff as loadable. Right up there
with not being able to recreate the count aggregate and being able to drop the
oid type (not recommended. :).

darrenk