Patch for search_path --- apply to 7.4 branch?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Patch for search_path --- apply to 7.4 branch?
Date: 2004-01-19 19:15:08
Lists: pgsql-patches

Attached is the patch I just applied to CVS HEAD to fix the search_path
problem that Olivier Prenant recently identified (can't set a search
path for another database if it mentions schemas not present in the
current database). I am looking for comments on whether to back-patch
this into REL7_4_STABLE. It is a rather large patch to fix what might
be considered a non-critical problem, so I'm a bit hesitant about back
patching. Any opinions?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 46.0 KB