Newbie question about pg_xlog

From: "Stein, Jochen" <J(dot)Stein(at)secunet(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newbie question about pg_xlog
Date: 2002-10-22 06:57:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello!

I just set up a little test database and i asked myself why this
pg_xlog-directory has already 33MBs and is still growing.

Is there a "natural" limitation for the size of (the files in) this
directory? (I know: disc space! ;-)....but what i meant: a limitation thru
the
postmater.)

Or did i forgot to configure something?
Or do i have to purge this files manually from time to time?

(I already searched for information about this, but i found no answer.
...and what the hell is the "WAL manual" ? )

Can you help me?

Greetings Jochen