Re: 1.6 problem

From: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jwa(at)wahlstedt(dot)fi>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 1.6 problem
Date: 2006-11-20 17:10:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,
this helped (I had to add "ogl" to wxWidgets, though). Thanks!

On 17.11.2006, at 21.39, Dave Page wrote:

> Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
>> Hi,
>> just tried to build 1.6.0 on OS X (10.4.8). I end up with:
>> configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support
>> pgAdmin in the selected configuration. This may be because it was
>> configured without the --enable-unicode option, or the combination
>> of dynamic/static linking and debug/non-debug libraries selected
>> did not match any installed wxWidgets libraries.
>> I am using currently 2.8.0-rc1, could this have something to do
>> with the error? 2.8.0 is configured with --enable-unicode,
>> otherwise the message is not too easy to translate into actions:-(
>
> Your wxWidgets build must match pgAdmin's configure options in a
> few different ways:
>
> 1) It must be a Unicode build
> 2) Both packages must either enable or disable debug
> 3) Both packages must be build with shared or static libraries
> 4) pgAdmin must be configured with the correct wxWidgets version.
>
> I suspect in your case the problem is that pgAdmin 1.6 defaults to
> wxWidgets 2.7. You probably need to add --with-wx-version=2.8 to
> the pgAdmin configure command.
>
> It's worth noting that you can build and install all for
> combinations of debug/non-debug/static/shared builds of wxWidgets
> in parallel so you can then build any combination of pgAdmin that
> you like.
>
> Regards, Dave.
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
! Kolmas linja 12 A 18 mob. +358-400-347 015
skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
! FI-00530 Helsinki http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0 A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386