Re: It takes a long time for pgAdmin to retrieve database schema details

From: "Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS(dot)LITTLE(at)orbitz(dot)com>
To: 顾小波 <guxiaobo1982(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: It takes a long time for pgAdmin to retrieve database schema details
Date: 2010-07-28 13:44:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

We run pgadmin 3 10.0- 10.0.3 on GP 3.3.6 running on 10node solaris x64 10u3 array. Our db has 158 schema, the largest (350 tables, + 350 external tables), 4000+ tables, some tables with 2000+ (not desirable) partitions. Whole db size is ~12.5tb.
Pgadmin will take a long time connecting on 1st run. After that, it seems to have a lot of data cached, so connections usually take < 3sec but can take up to 20sec.

Doug