RE: ADO support

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Jean-Michel POURE'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: ADO support
Date: 2001-05-08 16:11:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Jean-Michel,

You might want to run questions like this over the pgadmin-hackers list
first/as well (if it's in VB we've proably looked at it!) :-)

Microsoft don't really support db schema type stuff in ADO - instead they
have written ADOX which is specifically there to provide info about the
structure of the connected db (I assume they started integrating it then
realised it was better in a separate object model). ADOX is used in
frmMigration.frm (in pgAdmin for others), and is documented in the MS Data
Access SDK 2.6.

Regards, Dave.