Re: pgsql: Remove inappropriate memory context switch in

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Remove inappropriate memory context switch in
Date: 2008-11-30 21:09:18
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

"Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> writes:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
>> Remove inappropriate memory context switch in shutdown_MultiFuncCall().

> I added that context switch for a reason:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2008-02/msg00153.php

Hm, too bad you didn't respond to my message inquiring about this a
couple days ago.

> Presumably that's why the build farm is crashing on dblink.

I'll take a look in a bit. However, the switch in the shutdown function
was simply wrong, because it was *not* "returning to the caller's
context". I suspect what this really says is dblink is doing something
it shouldn't.