Multiple Primary Keys

From: "samsom, debra" <dsamsom(at)bristol(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Multiple Primary Keys
Date: 2002-04-18 15:01:45
Lists: pgsql-novice
Currently I have a table on Microsoft Sequel Server that I wish to port over
to Postgresql.   This table has four primary keys and it's the combination
of the four fields that make the record unique.  I have created the table in
Postgresql using this in my create.

CONSTRAINT "attachments_pkey"   PRIMARY KEY
("docn","issue","docna","issuea"));"

The table gets created with four primary keys, but when I copy in the data I
get the following error..

"Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index attachments_pkey"

Any ideas??

Debra Samsom
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Bristol Aerospace Ltd.
(204) 775-8331 3402
dsamsom(at)bristol(dot)ca

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2002-04-18 15:35:02