Re: Please HELP - URGENT - transaction wraparound error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: John Sidney-Woollett <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please HELP - URGENT - transaction wraparound error
Date: 2005-10-30 16:34:47
Lists: pgsql-general

John Sidney-Woollett <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com> writes:
> I can restore the file system backup of pgsql/data to another database
> server and then get the info from pg_database. Or I can import a dump
> file from 15 minutes before I re-inited the database...

Importing a dump will tell you nothing at all, as all the data will be
freshly loaded.

> What exactly am I looking for though?

SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;

where the second column approaches 2 billion.

Alternatively, wait a few weeks and note which entries in your live
database are increasing rather than staying near 1 billion.